The Town of Manchester will hold an election on Tuesday, May 21, 2019. A Mayor and two (2) Council Members will be elected. The term of office is four (4) years. If you are a registered voter in the County and a resident within the incorporated Town limits, you are eligible to vote in Town election. You may obtain universal voting applications (allowing you to vote in ALL elections) at the Town Office or at the Carroll County Board of Elections at 300 S. Center Street, Westminster, MD 21157. Deadline for registration through Carroll County is on or before 4:30pm on April 22, 2019. If you have recently completed a Change of Address form at the Motor Vehicle Administration, you may want to contact the Carroll County Board of Elections at 410-386-2080 to ensure the information is updated.
QUALIFICATIONS OF VOTERS:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age on or before Election day.
- You must be registered.
- You must have resided within the corporate limits at least thirty (30) days immediately preceding the election.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MAYOR:
- You must have maintained continuous occupancy of a primary residence in the town for at least one (1) year immediately preceding the election.
- You must be a qualified voter of the town for at least one (1) year preceding the election
- You must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age by Election day.
- You shall maintain a permanent domicile in the town throughout the term of office.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR COUNCIL:
- You shall have maintained continuous occupancy of a primary residence in the Town for at least two (2) years immediately preceding their election.
- You must be a qualified voter of the Town for at least two (2) years preceding their election.
- You shall maintain a permanent domicile in the Town during their term of office.
A candidate for office must file a nomination packet with the Manchester Board of Supervisors of Elections on or before April 1, 2019. Packets are available at the Town Hall, 3337 Victory St., Manchester, MD 21102. Nomination packets will also be accepted at a special meeting in the Town Hall on April 1, 2019 from 7:30pm-8pm.
Nominations Monday, April 1, 2019 7:30pm-8:00pm
Election Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:00am-8:00pm