Recycling in Manchester has never been easier!
Recycling reduces impact to the environment, reduces the Town’s costs associated with landfill and trash volumes and is a great, easy way for all of Manchester to do their part to protect our environment! Initiatives within the schools and businesses have already been implemented, and here’s how you can help at home:
As part of Carroll County’s single stream recycling program, the following can be combined in your curbside recycling bins:
- Wide-mouth containers such as empty peanut butter, margarine tubs yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, whipped topping and prescription bottles (note that the lids and caps do not need to be removed)
- Narrow-neck empty plastic containers with plastic resin identification code 1 through 7 (no motor oil or transmission fluid bottles, please)
- Plastic bags, grocery bags are NO longer accepted. They may be taken to Weis or Walmart to be recycled.
- Any empty metal food and beverage containers, including aluminum or other metals
- Aluminum foil and aluminum pie pans
- Aerosol cans, empty only
- Glass containers, such as empty jars and bottles, all colors accepted
- Juice and broth boxes
- Milk and juice containers, including gable top cartons
- Cardboard and paperboard boxes (including cereal boxes without liners)
- Office paper (including fax, copy, letterhead, NCR) and envelopes
- Newspapers (including all inserts)
- Magazines and catalogs
- Junk mail
- Books (including paperbacks, textbooks NO hardbacks)
- Brown paper bags (Kraft paper)
- Corrugated boxes
- Telephone books
- Non-metallic wrapping paper
- Computer printouts
Tips and Suggestions for curbside recycling:
No Styrofoam and no plastic bags, please!!
Please place your paper inside a paper bag or at the bottom of your container to minimize items blowing around your driveway/yard
Please make sure your container does not include any non-recyclable trash.
Please make sure your container is properly marked for recycling. Please use the recycling containers provided by the Town office. If you have questions, please contact the office at 410.239.3200.
DROP OFF SITES:
Northern Landfill (1400 Baltimore Blvd, Westminster):
- Yard waste
- Household appliances (white goods)
- Tires (small fee applies)
- Car batteries
Maintenance Site on Victory Street:
- Used motor oil
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact the Town of Manchester
Additional information can be found through the following links:
>>Carroll County Recycling Information
>>Printable copy of acceptable items